9610 Village Place Blvd.
Brighton, MI 48116
Next to TJ Maxx
Open Today Until 7:00 pm
|Monday||10:00 am - 7:00 pm|
|Tuesday||10:00 am - 7:00 pm|
|Wednesday||10:00 am - 7:00 pm|
|Thursday||10:00 am - 7:00 pm|
|Friday||10:00 am - 7:00 pm|
|Saturday||10:00 am - 7:00 pm|
|Sunday||12:00 am - 5:00 pm|
Laurel & Mitch Zoet Franchise Store OwnersView Our Store Site
Missing Something? Where Are the Birds?
From time to time, you may notice a lack of birds at your feeders. It is sometimes hard to tell why we see fewer birds at our feeders, but there are a few possible explanations, including:
- changes in birds' seasonal movements and food preferences
- an abundance of natural food sources; this often happens in late summer / early fall. When natural food supplies are abundant, wild birds will take advantage of these sources, often to the exclusion of the foods we offer them in our feeders. Studies have shown that wild birds still rely on natural foods for about 80% of their diet when bird feeders are present.
- sudden extremes in weather
- a recent loss of some area of local habitat
- a neighbor putting out new bird feeders
- a hawk, cat or other predator taking up residence in the neighborhood
- problems with a feeder or food
The birds will return to your feeders. In the meantime, here are a few tips you might want to consider to increase the number of birds in your yard.Keep feeders clean and filled with fresh food.
- Provide different types of bird feeders, offering a variety of foods.
- Install multiple bird feeding stations so there are not too many feeders in one location. Birds like elbow-room, too.
- Install a bird bath. Birds need a dependable year-round water source for drinking and bathing.
- Birds need to feel safe when feeding. Provide protective cover, such as special plantings, hollow logs, and brush piles.
- Offer places to raise young. With more and more destruction of the natural habitat, many birds are having trouble finding places to nest.
Visit the store or call us to learn more about how to bring the birds back to your yard.